Vacant position: Capacity Development Manager
The Capacity Development Manager is responsible for developing capacity of WOF Social Development Practitioner’s and Social Buddies, to execute tasks related to their job more effectively. The job spans: the design and development of training materials that will be used in training processes with employees; setting up and management of a Resource Library that Social Development staff can access; assisting with the implementation of core organizational projects/initiatives; Training of Social Buddies; Monitoring and Evaluation of capacity building processes undertaken in the Social Development unit; and inter alia, facilitate internal learning and reflection processes of the Social Development department.
Reports to: Executive: Fire Awareness and Social Development
Key Performance Areas:
- responsible for the design of appropriate training processes to optimize the learning of WOF firefighters.
- development of standardized training materials in an easy reading format, and facilitate the translation of such material into regional local languages.
- establish an electronic and physical Resource Library of standardized training processes and related training material that can be accessed by Social Development staff in all provinces.
- update training materials as the need arises for campaigns, training and other events hosted by WOF.
- develop monthly SD Circulars on content based on Employee Assistance Programme.
- responsible for assisting Social Development staff in provinces with developing implementation modalities to enhance project impact.
- training of Social Development staff to write effective proposals for project activities and effective report writing.
- initial design and development of training processes and related training material needed for capacity development of Social Buddies in the various provinces.
- responsible for working with Social Development Practitioner’s in the effective initialization of Social Buddies at the various WOF bases.
- responsible for Monitoring and Evaluation geared towards improved output of the Social Development Unit.
- setting up an effective Monitoring and Evaluation tool in the Social Development unit and will provide M&E reports every monthly and quarterly.
- facilitate ongoing learning around training and capacity development processes
- responsible for the development of a newsletter to share internally and externally the learning made by the unit on its development processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies, Social Sciences or related fields;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
- Advantageous 2 years management / supervisory experience
- Registered with recognized Social Service Professions board
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing procedures and systems
- Substantive training experience, including the design, facilitation and delivery of participatory trainings and training-of-trainer workshops for adult learners preferred;
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team approach;
- Excellent emotional intelligence and emotional awareness
- Willing to travel for meetings, trainings and assessments
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- Computer literacy skills and proficiency in MS Office packages
- A valid and unendorsed driver’s license and willingness to travel and able to work under pressure.
Closing date: Thursday, 12 December 2019
Submit CV together with a motivational letter specifying the position you are applying for to: email@example.com
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Working on Fire Firefighter Recruitment
For information on when the next WOF participant recruiting will take place in your area, please contact your nearest WOF Provincial Office.
North West Provincial Office (Potchefstroom)
T: +27 18 290 8512
Free State Provincial Office (Bloemfontein)
T: +27 51 451 2365
Western Cape Provincial Office (Cape Town)
T: +27 21 532 1516
Limpopo Provincial Office (Polokwane)
T: +27 15 590 1530
Gauteng Provincial Office (Midrand)
T: +27 11 314 0254
Mpumalanga Provincial Office (Nelspruit / Mbombela)
T: +27 13 752 4172
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office (Hilton)
T: +27 33 330 7715
Eastern Cape Provincial Office (Stutterheim)
T: +27 43 555 0426