Title Position: HOD – Human Capital
Location: Nelspruit – Head Office/ Gauteng Provincial Office (Midrand)
Reports to: HCM Executive
Working on Fire, a poverty relief programme is seeking a collaborative Head of Department: Human Capital, leader in the true sense, a person who strives for excellence by providing sound advice to managers and support staff. The position will work directly with the HCM Executive and a team of Human Capital Professionals where you will be responsible for driving and supporting the people strategy. This includes the coordination of processes, policies, and programs regarding organization development, on-boarding, talent development, retention, training employee benefit strategy, legal and ethical compliance and employee relations.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Human Resources strategy by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks, models and roadmaps.
- Build and manage a high performing HR service delivery team by providing leadership, role clarity, training and career development.
- Source, induct and manage talent in accordance with legislative guidelines. Manage team (including recruitment, on boarding, attrition)
- Set key performance indicators and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program
- Promote a ‘company centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to corporate governance ethos.
- Provide input to and ensure adequate risk mitigation and controls
- Sign-off baseline of service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Review and submit objectives, targets and budgets for Human Capital service delivery
- Report on a monthly basis to the Executive relating to progress made within Human Capital and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the programme
- Report on an adhoc basis on specific management requirements as and when necessary
- Support audits conducted both internally and externally
- Manage process standardisation and transformation initiatives for BI system
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress, and maintain motivation
- Update and ensure that all employee electronic and paper files are 100% accurate and up to date
- Payroll management and data integration monitoring
- Maintain and update all IR policies and procedures, ensuring the enforcement and adherence of these policies and procedures by advising and monitoring management and staff
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and promotion of staff relations programs
- Maintain sound relationship with representatives from the labour department, and any other government official and service providers
- Monitor internal labour relations trends and submit relevant reports. Remain apprised of all changes or relevant news, and provide analysis and report on same
- Identify and/or evaluate causes of conflict and propose appropriate corrective action
- Represent the company at the CCMA in conciliations and Arbitration
- Draft and review employment contracts and all types of workplace policies
- Ensure that grievances and disciplinary hearing are held in terms of the applicable policy
- Facilitate training and education on matters relating to diversity, unconscious bias, employment equity, disability and related content
- Responsible for supporting development and implementation of the EE plan
- Help develop EE reporting and monitoring tool, to secure accurate data integrity is maintained
- Track and monitor identified measures to improve EE, by channelling the effectiveness of the committee and its functionalities
- Degree or equivalent in HR/IR/LLB or related field is a must
- Minimum of 10 years in HR Management role of which 6 should be within an Operational environment.
- Good training and presentation skills.
- Subject matter knowledge and expertise (EE, Transformation, B-BBEE, Diversity)
- Must have 5 years’ practical experience in Union/labour management experience
- Track record of successful Human Resources delivery in a matrix environment
- 3-7 years’ experience in payroll systems and administration is essential
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle is a must
- Ability to travel nationally in line with demands of the role
Closing date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Clearly indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our workforce profile.
Working on Fire Firefighter Recruitment
For information on when the next WOF participant recruiting will take place in your area, please contact your nearest WOF Provincial Office.
North West Provincial Office (Potchefstroom)
T: +27 18 290 8512
Free State Provincial Office (Bloemfontein)
T: +27 87 352 4814
Western Cape Provincial Office (Cape Town)
T: +27 21 532 1516
Limpopo Provincial Office (Polokwane)
T: +27 87 352 4836
Gauteng Provincial Office (Midrand)
T: +27 11 314 0254
Mpumalanga Provincial Office (Nelspruit / Mbombela)
T: +27 13 752 7047
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office (Hilton)
T: +27 87 352 4816
Eastern Cape Provincial Office (Stutterheim)
T: +27 87 352 4893