Locations: Free State Province, Bloemfontein
Working on Fire, a poverty relief programme is seeking to appoint a Financial Controller for its Free State Provincial Office, to capture financial transactions accurately within agreed time-frames as per financial policies and procedures.
Reports to: General Manager
- Grade 12
- Bookkeeping or Accounting Qualification is a must
- Minimum of 3 years in a Bookkeeper or Financial Controller environment
- Computer literate – Pastel Partner/Evolution and MS Office
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping and related processes
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle is a must
- Own laptop and cell phone is a must
- Processing customer and supplier invoices and distributing customer invoices and statements.
- Report on discrepancies in Debtors and Creditors Age Analysis and keep customers and supplier master file information up to date.
- Reconciliation of customer and supplier accounts.
- Capturing / preparing and processing of customer and supplier payments.
- Establish and maintain proper relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Filing and focus on bookkeeping and general administrative tasks.
- Responsible for cashbook and petty cash management.
- Preparation of monthly reports.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring.
- Assist with preparation of information for external and internal audit.
- Maintain a fixed asset register.
- Any ad hoc duties required by the supervisor.
- Professional responsibility
- Solid financial acumen
- Focus on detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible, ability to work in a team, take and give instructions
Closing date: Friday, 23 August 2019
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Clearly indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our workforce profile.
Provincial Veld and Forest Fire Basic Dispatcher (Type 3)
Location: Eastern Cape, Stutterheim
A new career patch opportunity for employees of Working on Fire to join the Department of Dispatch & Coordination as a basic Veld and Forest Fire Dispatcher in a centralized provincial dispatch center. These dispatch centers are manned 7 days a week from 08:00 to 16:00 all year round. The Dispatcher will work in shift rotations.
Reports to: Provincial Coordinators – Dispatch and Coordination
Key performance areas:
- Planning and implementation
- Supplying a high standard of customer service
- Conduct him/herself professionally according to set departmental operational and administrative protocols
- Providing accurate and timeous information
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Proven efficiency in Microsoft Word, Google Sheets & Documents and Google Mail
- Competent in English (speak, read and write)
- Must have independent transport
- Be willing to relocate
- Be willing to work extra-ordinary hours
- Attention to detail
- Listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure/stress tolerant
- Adapting to sudden and constant change
- Strong front-line worker
- Ability to follow matrix management structure
- Team player as well as strong independent worker
Please note: Shortlisted candidates will undergo an official English language proficiency and computer literacy test.
Closing date: Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Appointment will be subject to a compulsory three-month probationary period. Working on Fire is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. Preference will be given to PDI/ HDSA individuals and Disabled individuals are encouraged to apply, however, Disabilities recognized as per Working on Fire’s Employment Equity Plan will be given preference. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Working on Fire reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Working on Fire Firefighter Recruitment
For information on when the next WOF participant recruiting will take place in your area, please contact your nearest WOF Provincial Office.
North West Provincial Office (Potchefstroom)
T: +27 18 290 8512
Free State Provincial Office (Bloemfontein)
T: +27 51 451 2365
Western Cape Provincial Office (Cape Town)
T: +27 21 532 1516
Limpopo Provincial Office (Polokwane)
T: +27 15 590 1530
Gauteng Provincial Office (Midrand)
T: +27 11 314 0254
Mpumalanga Provincial Office (Nelspruit / Mbombela)
T: +27 13 752 4068
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office (Hilton)
T: +27 33 330 7715
Eastern Cape Provincial Office (Stutterheim)
T: +27 43 555 0426