Location: Eastern Cape, Stutterheim
Reports to: General Manager
Working on Fire, a poverty relief programme is seeking to appoint a Financial Controller for its Eastern Cape Provincial Office, to capture financial transactions accurately within agreed timeframes as per financial policies and procedures.
- Grade 12
- Bookkeeping or Accounting Qualification is a must
- Minimum of 3 years’ in a Bookkeeper or Financial Controller environment
- Computer literate – Pastel Partner/Evolution and MS Office
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping and related processes
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle is a must
- Own laptop and cell phone is a must
- Processing customer and supplier invoices and distributing customer invoices and statements.
- Report on discrepancies in Debtors and Creditors Age Analysis and keep customers and supplier master file information up to date.
- Reconciliation of customer and supplier accounts.
- Capturing / preparing and processing of customer and supplier payments.
- Establish and maintain proper relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Filing and focus on bookkeeping and general administrative tasks.
- Responsible for cashbook and petty cash management.
- Preparation of monthly reports.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring.
- Assist with preparation of information for external and internal audit.
- Maintain a fixed asset register.
- Any ad hoc duties required by the supervisor.
- Professional responsibility
- Solid financial acumen
- Focus on detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible, ability to work in a team, take and give instructions
Closing date: Friday, 28 September 2018
Submit CV, together, with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our workforce profile.
Provincial Communication Officer (MPU)
Location: Mpumalanga Provincial Office, Mbombela
Working on Fire is a Government-funded, multi-partner organisation managed by Working on Fire (Pty) Ltd that focuses on Integrated Fire Management, including fighting veld and forest fires. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual for the Provincial Communications Officer post who will be responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation and evaluation of communication strategies and tactics that contribute to internal and external stakeholder awareness and understanding of the Working on Fire Programme in the province.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement a provincial communication strategy in line with national communication strategy.
- Manage all internal and external stakeholder relations in the province under the guidance of the General Manager.
- Source and produce content for all internal and external publications for the WOF Programme.
- Manage media relations in the Province through regular media briefing to the provincial media; keep an updated provincial media profile and manage provincial media campaigns during the peak fire season.
- Manage social media campaigns and updates in the province in line with the social media strategy.
- Supply images, video footage and recordings of provincial events for the WOF Video Unit to be used as inserts in WOF TV News products.
- Report on the distribution of WOF news products to internal and external stakeholders.
- Train base level communication representatives in basic communication skills.
- Participate in managing provincial events in the Province to market the WOF Programme.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A tertiary qualification in communications and or journalism with a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in the field.
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills. Preferred candidate will also need to demonstrate excellent social media skills.
- Computer literacy skills and proficiency in MS Office packages.
- Good knowledge of the provincial media landscape. Events management experience would be advantageous.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel and able to work under pressure.
Closing Date: Monday, 01 October 2018
Send shortened CV with three references to: email@example.com
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Working on Fire Recruitment
For information on when the next WOF participant recruiting will take place in your area, please contact your nearest WOF Provincial Office.
North West Provincial Office (Potchefstroom)
T: +27 18 290 8512
Free State Provincial Office (Bloemfontein)
T: +27 51 451 2365
Western Cape Provincial Office (Cape Town)
T: +27 21 532 1516
Limpopo Provincial Office (Polokwane)
T: +27 15 590 1530
Gauteng Provincial Office (Midrand)
T: +27 11 314 0254
Mpumalanga Provincial Office (Nelspruit / Mbombela)
T: +27 13 752 4068
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office (Hilton)
T: +27 33 330 7715
Eastern Cape Provincial Office (Stutterheim)
T: +27 43 555 0426