Latest WOF News
A young man or woman’s journey to becoming a Working on Fire wildland firefighter starts with being a new recruit.
The 2021/22 summer fire season has highlighted that prioritising aerial support plays a large role in the success rate of extinguishing fires. Western Cape Local Government Minister, Anton Bredell, says 90 percent of fires were extinguished within the first hour due to aerial support.
The recent COP26 on climate change in Glasgow was recognised as finally having put the critical issue of loss and damage squarely on the main stage of the climate change debate. It was acknowledged that, while much of the debates revolved around commitments aimed at...
The Working on Fire Programme reached a milestone in September - celebrating 18 years of saving lives, properties, and the environment. This year’s celebrations are taking place under the theme: “18 years of Sustainability”, because it continues to sustainably make a...
Ntshuxeko Masangu, a Social Development Practitioner, has been part of the WOF family for just over a year. She is a wife, mother and entrepreneur with a successful business in events co-ordination.
Fatima Gilbert is the Personal Assistant to our MD and has been part of the WOF family for 3 years. She is fiercely passionate about all she does and describes herself as tenacious and persistent. As a mother, she has instilled a sense of excellence in her family as work duties may require additional attention after hours, however, she maintains a healthy balance of mind and body, throughout it all. Fatima recently spoke at our annual Women’s Month Conference and shared about how she overcame COVID19 twice.
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.