Latest WOF News
Throughout Working on Fire’s operations you will find courageous, passionate and hard-working women saving lives, properties and protecting the environment. These women aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty, go the extra mile and take the lead in often trying...
Across South Africa, young faces are lighting up with smiles, as Working on Fire distributes 1 850 WOF Kids Care packages to the children of firefighters and High-Altitude Team (HAT) members. These personalised boxes were generously donated by Working on Fire staff...
These pilots are specifically trained to ensure that aerial firefighting operations are undertaken safely and efficiently. When wildfires threaten farms and devour hectares worth of plantations, aerial firefighters are called in. Aerial firefighting has a great impact...
Wildland firefighting is not for the fainthearted. It takes skill, endurance, guts, savvy, passion and a “want” to make a difference. If firefighters are not in tip-top shape, comfortable with their equipment, acquainted with the local landscape and vegetation,...
“The Knysna Fires -12 Days of Service” - a publication celebrating the heroes who fought to save lives, properties and the environment. See details on how to order your copy below. On 7 June 2017, the Knysna Fire erupted and caused devastation and destruction on a...
Aerial firefighting is a key component in the effective combating of wildfires in South Africa. Whilst the spotter aircraft enable Incident Commanders to take informed decisions and properly coordinate other resources, the bomber aircraft offer much needed support to...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.