Latest WOF News
The Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Ms Barbara Creecy, welcomed back the Working on Fire team who had been deployed to assist with the wildfires Canada. A group of 40 Working on Fire (WOF) firefighters and five senior managers arrived at OR Tambo...
“Making a Difference” is one Working on Fire’s core values and forms an integral part of who Working on Fire is and what we do daily. Hence, we eagerly join the global community annually on Madiba’s birthday, 18 July, to honour his legacy, by donating 67 minutes to...
Being a firefighter is often a thankless job. Firefighters, whether they fight on the ground or from the sky, risk their lives to protect life, limb and property. On this International Firefighters’ Day, 04 May 2019, Working on Fire recognised the selfless acts of...
On Sunday, 31 March, over a hundred enthusiastic golfers came to first Working on Fire Golf Day Fundraiser at the Boschenmeer Golf Estate in Paarl. This fundraiser was in honour and support of our firefighters who make the enormous sacrifice on a day to day basis to...
Working on Fire is proudly hosting its first Golf Day Fundraiser. All the proceeds will benefit of the 2019 WOF Kids Care Packages Project.
Working on Fire is proud to be hosting its first Golf Day Fundraiser on Sunday, 31 March 2018 at the beautiful Boschenmeer Golf Estate in Paarl. All the proceeds raised will be used for the benefit of the 2019 WOF Kids Care Packages Project. December 2018, WOF’s...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.