Latest WOF News
Fire Awareness Officers held a workshop to teach early childhood development (EC D) teachers in the Botshabelo area of the Free State about the fundamentals of fire, how fires are started, how to extinguish different types of fires, the different sources that can fuel...
Thirty early childhood development (ECD) educators from the Eastern Cape were equipped with fire safe techniques during the early childhood development workshop presented by Working on Fire’s (WOF) Fire Awareness Training Officer, Zola Hans. Thirty early...
More than 160 firefighters from nine Working on Fire teams in the western part of the Eastern Cape recently attended the week-long yellow card assessment held in Witelsbos. According to WOF Eastern Cape Assistant General Manager, Phumza Dyantyi, the objective of the...
As we are wrapping up the 2017 winter fire season, we would like to use this platform to convey our heartfelt gratitude to government departments, Fire Protection Associations (FPAs), landowners, members of the public and our heroes – the firefighters across the...
Mpumalanga General Manager Martin Bolton was invited by the University of Mpumalanga (UMP) to give a lecture to sugarcane farming students focusing on the control of fire. The university facilitated a sugarcane production certificate programme from 19 June to 21 July...
The Minister of Environmental Affairs, Dr Edna Molewa, has urged communities and landowners to remain vigilant and protect themselves and their properties from the potential devastation of wildfires. Dr. Molewa further urged people to heed the daily Fire Danger Index...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.