Latest WOF News
Luthfia Cader, a veteran within Working on Fire and has a thriving career, and is a devoted wife and mother. In our Annual Women’s Conference, Luthfia shared with us her definition of a woman in leadership in Working on Fire, in her compelling talk titled: “Defining Women in Leadership”
Lindiwe Shongwe is a Social Development Practitioner and has been part of the WOF family for just over a year. Lindiwe shared her story, titled “My strength as a woman, rising up”, at the annual Women’s Month Conference held earlier this month
The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment’s Working on Fire programme will this evening, 10 August 2021, deploy 109 firefighters and management to the province of Manitoba in Canada to assist with firefighting efforts in that country. This is the...
Dr Piet-Louis has a PhD in Natural science (Geography: Wetland Hydrology) with 29 years' experience in wetland research, rehabilitation, protection, training and wise use. He has managed the implementation of projects within the Working for Wetlands Programme, as part...
On the morning of 11 September 2001, I was meticulously doing my pre-flight checks in the simulator cockpit of a Beechcraft King Air B200 under the watchful eye of my instructor, who was overseeing this check-out flight after a week of intensive recurrency training at...
“An estimated 2 million South Africans do not know that they have diabetes.” - according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). What is diabetes?When you eat, your body turns food into sugars or glucose. At that point, your pancreas is supposed to release...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.