Latest WOF News
The KwaZulu-Natal eThekwini and Injisuthi High Altitude Teams (HAT ) recently completed their annual refresher training at the HAT Monk’s Cow Base. The training consisted of bee and snake awareness, fitness tests – which includes pullups, sit-ups and push-ups – and...
The North West Highveld Team hosted the 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children awareness campaign at Ikageng Stadium, together with the Castello and Boskop Teams and various stakeholders. The teams started the day by marching through the...
On 26 November 2016 the Winterton Team hosted the 16 days of Activism event at the Winterton Sports Ground. The team put on a netball and soccer tournament to attract youth, and invited community leaders to speak at the event. “We targeted teenagers as they are the...
Aubrey Monareng is a Type 1 crew leader at Kgaswane Base who joined the Working on Fire Programme in 2010 as a firefighter. In 2011 he became the Type 2 crew leader at his base which motivated him to dream even bigger. He was selected to do a Type 1 crew leader course...
Working on Fire in the Free State celebrated World Aids Day in various towns across the province to unite in the fight against HIV , show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died. The WOF Marquard Team marked the day with a few...
The 16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children initiative is supported by the South African government, businesses, civil society organisations, non-profit organisations, state-owned enterprises and faith-based organisations. Organisations and...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.