Latest WOF News
The Working on Fire (WOF) teams have had a busy 2020 Winter Fire season, with the Free State province hit the hardest. Working on Fire Free State recorded a total of 585 fires at the end of September, and are currently battling massive fires in the Hertzogville and...
National Spokesperson, Linton Rensburg, from Working on Fire in an interview with SABC news, speaks about the past Winter Fire season and urges landowners to remain vigilant as we enter the Summer Fire Season. “In our northern provinces, from October there tends to be...
According to statistics, obesity rates in South Africa are increasing rapidly, with almost 70% of women and 40% of men either overweight or obese. (www.health.gov.za) What is obesity? Obesity is a health issue that is defined by having a high percentage of body fat. A...
Helen Kutumela is a young lady who hails from Modimolle in the Waterberg District in Limpopo. She was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma at the age of 8 years. Due to lack of education about cancer and its symptoms, her family believed that she had one of the rare illnesses...
According to the 2019 South African Child Gauge Report, child obesity continues to rise in South Africa. At least 13% of children under the age of five are obese, while 1 in 4 children is malnourished and has stunted growth. Guarding against obesity does not mean that...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.