Latest WOF News
Working on Fire has endeavoured for over 17 years to create communities resilient to wildfires, through implementing Integrated Fire Management principles. Our national footprint, partnerships and FireSafe methodology are the core of our success. They, in turn, have...
The Rust de Winter Team in Gauteng underwent five days of training on how to start their own organic food gardens at the base and at their homes. The aim was also to roll the project to other bases around the province. The team was actively involved in the...
Eighteen participants from the team at the Mamre Base, including the base manager, underwent the first food security training to take place in the Western Cape. The base is located in the small community, on the premises of the historic Mamre Moravian church. Some...
The Elliot Team established their food garden to save money by growing fresh vegetables instead of buying from the shops. The team began harvesting before the COVID-19 lockdown and managed to harvest enough potatoes for each participant to take home a bag of potatoes....
The Lusikisiki HAT Team chose to meet an identified need in their community when they decided to establish a food garden. The team decided to do their part by establishing a food garden for Gosso orphanage, a children’s home in their community. The team prepared and...
The Graskop Team joined the Working on Fire Food Security Programme and took up space at the Gras- kop South African Police Services (SAPS) site. The garden has already provided the first harvest of vegeta- bles, which they donated to the Graskop Emmanuel Family Home,...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.