Latest WOF News
More than 60 school learners from different schools together with Working on Fire, Department of Environmental Affairs, SAPS, Nquza Hill Municipality, Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism and SanParks celebrated World Wetlands Day at Mhlanga JSS on the 2nd of this Month....
Maropeng team is the first pro bono team to be launched within Working on Fire programme. The team was officially launched on 9 December by Managing director Llewellyn Pillay and his senior management team in Magaliesberg. The team will be tasked with helping...
The Free State Teams have a plan to up their game and be among the best when it comes to fire awareness campaigns in the country. With the help of the Fire Awareness Training Officer and the Community Fire Awareness Officer, things are looking bright. The Crew Leaders...
Mora than 60 school learners from different schools together with Working on Fire, Department of Environmental Affairs, SAPS, Nquza Hill Municipality, Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism and Sanparks celebrated World Wetlands Day at Mhlanga JSS on the 2nd of this Month....
Seven Tsitsikamma crew members in the Eastern Cape got appointed by SANParks Tsitsikama in December 2015. These fire fighters are namely Bongani Futa, Nyama Mjongeni, Anele Ketelo, Thembakazi Mahlaba, Thombuxolo Liwani, Lukholo Zibaya and Mfezeko Dazana. One of them,...
“Education is the key to success and with education the sky is the limit,” said Tandisile Xoshomba a fire fighter who has registered with PE College to further his studies. Xoshomba is a young man from the Addo base in the Eastern Cape who joined the WoF family last...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.