Latest WOF News
The Free State teams have been a little behind when it comes to conducting fire awareness in the previous years, but that is the thing of the past as the plan to up their game and be among the best when it comes to fire awareness conducting. With the help of the Fire...
The Free State Community Fire Awareness Glodinah Mofokeng shed some light about who Working on Fire is and how it can benefit the community. The discussion with thousands of listeners was broadcasted live at a Ficksburg based community radio station, Setsotso FM. The...
More than 30 community members from Dubula village were taught about Working on Fire and what WoF does to prevent fires and fighting fires during a Fire Safe Workshop. The workshop was conducted in the area early this month by the Eastern Cape Provincial Community...
Working on Fire Western Cape recently created job and skills development opportunities for 24 previously unemployed youth from Vredenburg -West Coast, housed by base manager Andre de Wits from the Greater Cederberg FPA. “A total of 100 youngsters have responded to our...
Nomvuyo Matshoba is former participant who now works as a nursery assistant at the Abie Bailey nature reserve. She said she was trained on nursery management by the base manager while she was still a fire fighter for Working on Fire. When asked how she got the job,...
A firefighter who joined Working on Fire in 2012 is finally seeing her dream to further her studies come to reality. Jenifer Thomas is a single mother who originally comes from the Easter Cape in Matatiele. She was based at the Wedela base before she decided to leave...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.