Latest WOF News
The WOF Food Security Organic Nursery Project is part of the organisation’s strategic response to addressing the basic needs of participants and reaching out to their families and communities. The project aims to promote sustainable organic food production to help...
Phase 1: Composting & Theory This is about the importance of composting and how to use an earthworm farm to break down organic waste material from the environment into compost that can enrich the nutrient value of the soil. The theory also focuses on the link...
The Working on Fire KwaZulu- Natal Shongweni Team celebrated National Arbor Month by participating in the Food Security Workshop that took place at their base. The main aim of the event was to train the participants to establish an organic garden at their base. This...
The garden has provided the team with three harvests since its inception in March 2020. The first and second harvests of umchina in April both benefitted seven households. The maintenance of the garden was managed during the lockdown and all challenges with pests and...
The KwaZulu-Natal Shongweni Team, which held the Food Security Workshop earlier in September 2019, has already started reaping the benefits of their organic garden. The team reaped the first harvest of spinach, which they shared among themselves. The rest of the food...
Working on Fire promotes health and wellness among our employees because the work we do requires high levels of mental and physical fitness. We recognise that while we have diverse cultural backgrounds, at the core of our wellness is what we eat and how our diet...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.