Latest WOF News
The KwaZulu-Natal Communications Cluster recently welcomed Simphiwe Dlamini and Bongumusa Nyathi, who were both previous Type One Crew Leaders, as the new Fire Awareness Assistants. For the past couple of months they’ve been working with the Community Fire...
Siyabulela Lima, a driver who completed his probation two months ago, was a top student at the Driver Yellow Card Training Camp which was held in the Free State. Both on theory and practical this young man achieved an aggregate of 95 percent. The week long training...
WoF Services has been extremely busy during 2015 and even more so with the continuingfire season. We have taken the changes and the challenges that have been presented to us and together we have adapted, as well as introduced new systems and ways of operating. Overall...
Fire Awareness Training Officer, Elliot Nyathi, explained the fire awareness benefits to the community at an awareness campaign organized by the Nkangala District Municipality at the Watervaal Bovern Community Hall. He said fire awareness helps the community better...
The Soekmekaar Team in Limpopo believes that the earliest bird catches the fattest worm. The province officially declared the end of the 2015 fire season in October, but for the Soekmekaar Team this means it is time to prepare for the 2016 Fire season which will...
Working on Fire has put a smile on the faces of some young men and women in the Molteno District in the Eastern Cape after recruiting a team to replace one of the recently closed bases in the province. Regional Manager, Balise Rosali, said the recruiting process was...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.