Latest WOF News
Working on Fire successfully fought multiple fires across the Limpopo Province during the weekend of 9-11 October 2015. Some of the fires were caused by lightning while the causes of the other fires are still unknown. The fires broke out in mountainous terrain and...
690 Working on Fire participants are currently undergoing their annual Yellow Card Training Camp to ensure their readiness for the 2015/2016 Summer Fire Season. “The Yellow Card Training Camp is a good opportunity for our participants to be refreshed on their fire...
The International Day for Disaster Reduction is a day to celebrate how people and communities are reducing their exposure to disasters. The theme for 2015 focussed on the use of traditional, indigenous and local knowledge to help reduce and plan against disasters. The...
The Kgaswane Team in the North West Province led a successful fire awareness campaign with the Department of Environmental Affairs’ Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) employees that are currently working at the Kgaswane Mountain Reserve. The team conducted a...
In celebrating International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR), the Newlands High Altitude Team conducted a cleanup and clearing of invasive species within the Driftsands Nature Reserve. Working on Fire takes pride in the implementation of its Integrated...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.