Latest WOF News
The KwaZulu-Natal Mbazwana Team visited the KZN Ezemvelo Wildlife at the Sibhaya Camp, for a fire awareness campaign focusing on fire behaviour. The awareness was to educate the employees at the Nature Reserve. The Mbazwana Base Communication Representative,...
In commemoration of International Disaster Reduction Day, the Mamre WoF team together with the Cape Peninsula Fire Protection Association conducted a stack burn of cleared Port Jackson vegetation on a private CPFPA member’s property in Klein Dassenberg in effort to...
WoF in Mpumalanga participated and delivered a presentation on community fire awareness as part of the International Disaster Reduction Day which was organised by the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality on the 8 October 2015. The event took place at Mariam...
WoF in partnership with emergency services institutions assembled in Heidelberg Stadium East of Johannesburg to mark the International Day for Disaster Reduction. Community Fire Awareness Officer, Lerato Mokwena, in Gauteng Province said that, ‘‘As Working on Fire...
The Waterberg District fires has lead to many losses more especially the loss of life and one of our participants passed away as a result of injuries sustained on the fire line. On Sunday 11 October, fire fighters from Northam in Limpopo were deployed in a mountainous...
WoF was invited by the uThungulu Disaster Management Centre to celebrate in Shakaland at eShowe. The uThungulu Disaster Manager, Sibonisile Kunene said, “We chose this venue as it is a historical site, a living museum of the Zulu Culture and the Zulu King who ruled in...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.