Latest WOF News
During 5 to 9 October 2015, 65 Working on Fire (WoF) drivers participated in a Yellow Card Driver Refresher Course to ensure the readiness of all drivers for the coming 2015/2016 Summer Fire Season. The objective of the training course, hosted at the Swellendam...
On 7 October 2015, Working on Fire (WoF) hosted their annual Fire Awareness Campaign launch at the Driftsands Nature Reserve, to launch the series of up and coming fire awareness and door to door campaigns taking place within the Western Cape. Community Awareness...
Carron Peters, a participant from the False Bay Team in the Western Cape has been in the programme since 2014 and has seen how the programme can reignite the spark within her. Carron says, “when I started working at WoF I stopped cross country running not knowing what...
WoF in the Eas tern Cape joined the national celebrations on IDDR in the Chris Hani Municipality which was hosted by the Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs. Minister for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Pravin Gordhan, was...
The North West Community Fire Awareness Officer, Sophy Dinko, and the Fire Awareness Training Officer, Martha Tepo, conducted a Fire Safe Talk about the importance of Disaster Risk Reduction at the Aganang Radio Station. The objective of the talk was to raise...
‘‘After I had abandoned my studies towards a Management Assistance Diploma I joined WoF to earn an income and save to complete my studies. Next year I must go back to complete my studies,’’ said a passionate Kgomotso Dichi. She said that without her qualification...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.