Latest WOF News
Ten staff members from the Communications, Marketing and Fire Awareness Department including Henry Nene from HAT received high praise and recognition for having contributed to the huge success of communicating the activities and events of the recent World Forestry...
The XIV World Forestry Congress, hosted by the Republic of South Africa in collaboration with the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization, brought together the global forestry community to review and analyse the key challenges, to share ways of...
Dr. Guy Preston, Deputy Director General in the Department of Environmental Affairs, also addressed delegates at the WFC on the importance of the land and forestry sector in the global effort to combat the global challenge of climate change. He was addressing the WFC...
20 Parolees have received a second chance in life after having successfully completed the Basic Training in Fire Fighting at the Working on Fire Training Academy in Mbombela, Mpumalanga on the 18 September 2015. This process to reintegrate ex-offenders into society...
Firefighters from the Western Cape, Eastern Cape, North West, Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces respectively have been able to share their skills, knowledge and experience in fire suppression amongst each other whilst they were on standby to assist Mpumalanga...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.