Latest WOF News
Vingerkraal firefighters are having it tough responding to multiple fires that continue to be reported in their area of operation. As we are approaching the end of the 2020 winter fire season, the WOF firefighters from the Waterberg District are kept on their toes by...
Mental health is the emotional, psychological and social well-being in life. It is about the way we act, feel, think, handle stress, relate to others and make decisions. What about mental illness? Mental illness (mental health disorders) refers to a wide range of...
Ask yourself these questions: • Do you drag yourself to work and have trouble getting started?• Do you find it hard to concentrate?• Have you become irritable or impatient with co-workers or clients?• Do you lack energy to be consistently productive?• Have your sleep...
Few people realise what it took to get the Working on Fire Programme to be as successful as it is today. In addition to vision, dedication and a lot of hard work, this programme was built on and driven by passion. That passion has made a difference in people’s lives...
Firefighting crews from WOF are currently busy with firefighting operations at the Streubens Valley landfill site in Roodepoort, Gauteng. The Krugersdorp team was dispatched together with a 3000 litre water carrier fire truck to the site to help put out the fire....
"I strongly believe that my actions today make my tomorrows better," says KwaZulu-Natal Transport Officer, Ester Hlaki. Ester was recruited in 2010 at Kokstad Base in the Eastern Cape. After completing Grade 12 in 2007, Ester studied Human Resources Management at...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.