Latest WOF News
The HAT Team in the Ntsubane Forest Station in the Eastern Cape is hard at work in clearing out alien invasive plants. It was in 2013 when devastating fires swept through the Mkozi Valley in Western Pondoland. Situated in this valley are two spectacular waterfalls...
Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Chairperson of the African Union, during her opening speech at the World Forestry Congress thanked WoF for having the highest ratio of women employed in the veld and forest fire fighting services throughout the world. “I am told that thirty...
Minister Edna Molewa was at OR Tambo International Airport to welcome home the last group which arrived back in the country on the 24th August 2015. “South African crews have received high praise from the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre (CIFFC) for their...
Being an orphan did not deter Khosi Nhlapo from turning her life around and today she is determined to make a success of her career in Working on Fire. ‘Khosi is currently, a Type 2 Dispatcher at the Gauteng Provincial Office. She is from Ratanda in Heidelberg and...
A total of 10 firefighters from the Free State were chosen to go to Canada to join the South African Team of 48 firefighters who recently went over there to help with the wildfire suppression. Maggy Radebe, a female from the Bethlehem Team was one of the ten Free...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.