Latest WOF News
As South Africans celebrate women’s month, Esther Mtyilibe is on the hotshot team that left for Canada to assist in dousing out ravaging fires. She comes from Fochville in the far West Rand. Esther said that it was her first time going to board a flight. She said,...
For Thabisa Nogwina, a fire fighter from Port St Johns in the Eastern Cape, the call to go to Canada and help with wildfires over there came as an opportunity of a lifetime that she will use to better her life. Thabisa joined Working on Fire in 2008 as a fire fighter...
“Leadership skills and confidence is what brought me here”, said Sophy Dinko, Community Fire Awareness Officer in the North West Province. Dinko got promoted as Community Fire Awareness Officer within 5 months as a Type 2 Crew Leader in the programme. After completing...
Julian Botha, a determined woman who climbed the ladder in Working on Fire. Juliana Botha, a single mother to two boys, grew up in the rural area of Friemersheim - Huis van Vriende in Mosselbay. She joined the WoF programme in 2004 as a fire fighter and worked her way...
For Nombuso Malevu being the only female driver in KZN has not prevented her from following her dreams and she performs her duties with pride and dignity. The driver from the eDumbe base was recruited on the 24 October 2011 at Nkandla as a fire fighter and after...
The Department of Environmental Affairs hosted their Annual 6th Women and the Environment Dialogue in Pretoria West to tackle opportunities and challenges facing women in the environment. WoF participants was present to engage on how women can continue to benefit in...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.