Latest WOF News
Working on Fire’s Commercial Operations recently worked on the Transnet Project. According to Hennie Homann, one of the Project Managers, this project encompassed doing line clearing and prescribed burning across two provinces from outside Ermelo in Mpumalanga...
The Danielskuil Team in the Northern Cape saved the lives of the Thlakalatlou residents as well as helping them not to have lost all their belongings during a fire which swept through the informal settlement. Working on Fire was called to help when one of the shacks...
Twenty-four year old Phuthi Maleke, from the Bloemfontein Team is an aspirant runner and a cricketer. He recently participated in the Inter State Bus Lines 21km Marathon. Out of over 600 participants, Maleke secured the 18th position and won himself a silver medal....
The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Senzeni Zokwana and his Deputy Minister, Bheki Cele, launched the upcoming World Forestry Congress to the media. The Congress is to be held in Durban from 11 to 17 September. Former Working on Fire...
Working on Fire in partnership with the Provincial Disaster Management Centre and the Umbrella Fire Protection Association launched their 2015 Mpumalanga Winter Fire Season in Mbombela on the 26 June 2015. The WoF General Manager, Martin Bolton, said at the launch...
Working on Fire (WoF) teams fought 343 veld and forest fires within the Western Cape Province over the November 2014/May 2015 Summer Fire Season. “We would like to thank all partners for their support and assistance during this difficult fire season recognised as the...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.