Latest WOF News
According to Working on Fire in Gauteng, the West Rand recorded the most fire calls last year. It was therefore important to educate the communities in the areas about the dangers of veld and forest fires. Gauteng’s Community Fire Awareness Officer, Lerato Mokwena,...
The Minister of Environmental Affairs, Edna Molewa, extended her appreciation to WoF firefighters for their continuous hard work to protect the environment. The Minister and her Department hosted World Environment Day in Kimberly on June 6 and Working on Fire was one...
The Christiana Team joined DAFF in launching the LEKWA Teemane FPA that was registered by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) as the legal entity on the 14 January 2015, in terms of the National Veld and Forest Fire Act. The launch took place...
Namhla Oyisi said that joining Working on Fire was a stepping stone for her because it equipped her with skills to climb the ladder of success. Namhla is a former fire fighter from the Katberg Team in the Eastern Cape and she joined the programme in 2013. “After...
‘‘In 2014, the fire season was the worst ever since I joined the programme,’’ quipped Sello Khothalang from the Ongeluknek base. Sello said that the fires they fought last year were tough but it gave them more experience for the 2015 fire season. “Most of the fires we...
Mpumalanga Working on Fire is working together with District Municipalities to spread information regarding unwanted veld fires that could destroy the environment. Community Fire Awareness Officer, Mbuso Siwela, presented the Arbora Community in the Victor Khanye...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.