Latest WOF News
WoF Commercial Operations Project on the N3 Toll Road between Cedara and Lions River, 20km both sides of the road. Extremely dangerous work with the heavy traffic flow. Burning together with the eThekwini Team and the KZN Programme assistance. Completing this...
The KwaZulu-Natal Working on Fire Communications Cluster conducted a fire awareness campaign in eThekwini, Inanda in the Amatata community on 13 June. The KZN Community Fire Awareness Officer, Makhosi Dladla, said the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries...
Themba Rabatho, a store person from Ficksburg Base is passionate about the entertainment industry. He is a well known radio presenter for hosting a show at the local Setsoto Community Radio Station on Sundays. The highly motivated young man hosts a show every Sunday...
Kokstad was one of the areas most hit by fires during the 2014 winter fire season. Fires ravaged properties, homes, cattle and there was loss of lives. Working on Fire organised a fire awareness campaign for Kokstad targeting land owners and farm workers. Makhosi...
KwaZulu-Natal Working on Fire participated in the Annual Happy Earth Festival at the National Botanical Gardens. This event attracts more that 1000 scholars in and around Pietermaritzburg. The two day long festivals’ core objective is to connect kids to nature. The...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.