Latest WOF News
Nicolas Mokwali is one of the hard working crew members in the Wolmaransstad base. The 25 years old fire fighter was nominated as a role model by his team mates at the base during the compliments role play sessions as the team had to express their appreciation towards...
I am a more focused person – thanks to WoF ‘‘After having been in WoF for 9 years I feel as if I am a much more stronger person who is able to work with people from all walks of life’’, said Berenece Mashapa, the Provincial Payroll Administrator in the Eastern Cape....
Working on Fire Limpopo’s fire awareness department launched their fire awareness campaign at Alma in the Waterberg District on the 15 April 2015. The campaign will run from April until the 12th May 2015. The purpose of this campaign is to alert the people of the...
Johny Mosito, stationed at the Pilanesburg base in the North West Province is one of the beneficiaries living with a disability in the WoF programme. He recently got promoted as a driver, making him the first disabled Store Person to be promoted as a driver within...
Pulane Kompi, a Stock Controller in the Free State province started from the bottom as a firefighter. She was recruited in 2011 at the Winburg base where she served her firefighting duties for a year. “In 2012 I was transferred to the provincial office to assist with...
The Suikerbos Team in Gauteng has recently become the top performing team nationally, for their fire awareness programmes within the community. It obtained the number one spot and in the process the team received an award of R1000. Sipho Dhladhla, Fire Awareness...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: email@example.com
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.