Latest WOF News
To share positive stories about our firefighters, whether it’s ground or aerial teams, is never too late. Even if years have passed. Sometimes we don’t realise the impact which fire disasters have on people, and when they tell their stories as they have experienced...
Working on Fire is proud of its team of WOF drivers. These men and women are passionate about transporting teams safely.
Wildfire firefighters do not battle flames on smooth and even terrain. They fight fires in rocky mountainous areas, overgrown velt, against forest slopes and into valleys. It’s a technical business for which Working on Fire’s firefighters are well trained. But before...
Aerial firefighting pilots are characteristically passionate go-getters. As soon as a partner (FPA, local or district municipality, large landowner etc.) requests aerial assistance, these men and women take flight. They thrive on hitting their targets, offering...
Accountability is key to Working on Fire’s continued success. To ensure that accountability is upheld, Working on Fire ascribes to an external service provider in terms of reporting fraudulent and unethical behaviour or activities. Working on Fire is committed to...
The Air Tractor (AT) 802-F, Single Engine Aerial Tanker (SEAT) is a highly effective and sought-after aerial firefighting resource. It is specifically designed for fast and effective aerial firefighting. Around the world this fire-extinguishing aircraft labours,...
The role is responsible for creating, developing, refining and executing internal / external communications in line with the overall business strategy and ensures that the appropriate messages are developed via appropriate communications channels/platforms.
Reports to: Communication and Marketing Executive
Key Performance Areas:
- Corporate Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning, development and delivering corporate communication to achieve objectives in engaging with business units and employees.
- Develop, initiate and take ownership of the end-to-end delivery targeted, creative and engaging communications plans.
- Create Internal Communication platforms and initiatives.
- Conceptualises, copy-writes, proof-reads, edits and distributes content.
- Develop and update annual Organizational Calendar and align the Corporate Communications Annual plan of Operations accordingly. Provide support to stakeholder on developing and/or implementing internal campaigns or events.
- Be part of strategically driving the organisations values and culture.
- Measure effectiveness of communications and distribution of content and recommending improvements and initiatives to achieve the business’s desired objectives.
- Brand Management and Compliance
- Ensure brand compliance the Corporate Identity manual of funders.
- Identify and procurement of Corporate Communication merchandise.
- Design and edit corporate templates.
- Report writing
- Diploma or Degree in Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
- 2 to 5 years proven experience in internal communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- Proven excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple platforms
- Familiar with Google Workspace, HTML, Social Media, Instant Messaging Platforms, Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Strategic Communications
- Project Management (added advantage)
- Adobe Premium – an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Submit CV together with a motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please clearly indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful. In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Covid-19 Vaccine Intent:
WOF has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination plan in place and as such all applicants will be required to submit a vaccination certificate to be considered in the selection process.