Working on Fire
Who we are
Working on fire is an Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) aimed at providing work opportunities to young men and women.
It is the structure through which the MD is able to obtain input in managing the company and keeping the EXCO members to account for their specific portfolios. The EXCO Members are responsible for providing guidance on the overall direction and management of the company and providing the strategic guidance and management of their portfolios.
His career started in the late 80s, when it wasn’t so easy to implement creative ideas, as it is today. Adam has his own unique vision of architecture.
Deputy Managing Director
Responsible for strategic leadership and management of the Audit, Quality Assurance, Risk, Monitoring and Evaluation, Compliance Reporting, and liaison with DFFE.
Responsible for operations aspects within WOF: Programmes (WOF, HAT, FSP), FPAs, Operations (training, transport, IFMS, GMs, FPAs, BOPs and PPC/PPE), WOF services, Aviation and OHS.
Executive: Support Services
Responsible for overseeing the company’s Human Capital Management, Payroll, Industrial Relations, Social Development and Fire Awareness Departments.
Executive: Finance & Supply Chain Management
Chain Management – Responsible for the financial, supply chain and asset management of the company.
Executive: Communications & Marketing
Responsible for offering strategic direction within the Communication and Marketing department.
Personal Assistant to Managing Director
Secretarial assistance to the Executive Committee.
WILDFIRE FIGHTING EXPERIENCE
- Adopting the annual operating plans and annual budget of the company.
- Providing Strategic Direction on the day to day business and affairs of the Company. Specifically: The development, review and monitoring of the implementation of policies of the Company; Establishing best management practices and functional standards; The adoption of implementation strategies of the Company; Prioritising and allocating the Company’s capital, technical and human resources.
- Providing input to the Senior management appointments in Working on Fire and reviewing the performance management of and incentivising WOF personnel.
- Maintaining a group-wide system of internal control to manage all group risks associated with WOF’s operations are effectively managed in line with the DEA contract and the Ministerial Determination.
- Ensure that the policies and practices of Working on Fire are complaint with all legal and regulatory prescripts.
- Make recommendations, request for action and table reports to the Board relating to matters beyond the scope of its authority.
- The Executive is authorised to form sub-committees to assist it in the execution of its duties.